Nurses spend often up to an excess of 12 hours on their feet during a single shift, causing a fair amount of strain and pain to their feet. These long hours on their feet, can lead to foot fatigue and discomfort. Choosing the right insoles can provide additional support, cushioning, and help alleviate some of the strain and pain associated with prolonged standing and walking. Here are some features to consider when selecting insoles for nurses:
FEATURES TO LOOK FOR IN INSOLES FOR NURSES
- Arch Support:
- Custom Orthotics insoles like Footsy provide good arch support to maintain the natural alignment of the foot. This can help reduce strain on the arches and prevent overpronation or supination. The benefits of arch support insoles are that they prevent the arches from dropping as the muscles of the foot fatigue and prevent pronation from occurring in the ankle complex.
- Insoles with proper cushioning, especially in the heel and forefoot areas and can absorb shock and reduce impact during walking. This is crucial for comfort during long shifts. Comfort insoles can be extremely helpful in improving your overall experience of comfort throughout the day. Insoles play a role in redistributing the weight evenly throughout the sole, while also providing a cushioned, shock-absorbing surface to protect the foot from shock when striking the ground while stepping and walking.
- Custom orthotic insoles like Footsy have moisture-wicking properties to keep feet dry and comfortable. This is important for preventing blisters and maintaining a healthy foot environment.
- Anti-Fatigue Technology:
- Some insoles are specifically designed with anti-fatigue technology, which can provide extra support and reduce the feeling of tiredness during extended periods of standing or walking.
- Materials like memory foam, gel, or EVA (ethylene-vinyl acetate) are commonly used in insoles for their cushioning and shock-absorbing properties.
- Fit and Size:
- Ensure that the custom insoles fit properly in your shoes without crowding the toe box. Insoles that are too small or too large can cause discomfort and affect their effectiveness.
- Look for insoles made from durable materials that can withstand the demands of daily use. High-quality materials used in Footsy custom Insoles will maintain their supportive properties over time.
- If your nursing shoes have removable insoles, consider choosing insoles that can be easily replaced or customized. This allows you to tailor the level of support to your specific needs.
Conditions that can be treated by great insoles for Nurses
It is important to determine what your main complaint is regarding your feet throughout the day. Is it a marked big toe shift towards the inside as seen in bunions potentially with pain or are you experiencing pain around the heel? Do you suffer from Heel Pain or Plantar fasciitis? These issues and pains can all be managed effectively using Footsy custom orthotics .
How can Footsy Custom Insole can help these common complaints?
- Proper cushioning can assist in Bunion prevention Unnatural weight translation over the inner surface of the forefoot can be limited, which puts strain on the base of the big toe eventually leading to misalignment of the big toe and pain.
- Proper cushioning can also improve Heel support The additional cushioning from the insoles can be extremely helpful in preventing heel pain by reducing the shock placed through the structures around the heel. These can be inserted into the shoe to protect the heel daily.
- Plantar fasciitis Orthotics can prevent inflammation in the sole associated with plantar fasciitis from developing, especially in shoes that have a raised heel. Orthotics and a change in footwear help manage this condition.